In the words of the apostle Paul, “Grace to you and peace from God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ” (Ephesians 1:2). The purpose of this letter is to give you some information about the Sunday School ministry in light of the COVID-19 situation. The latest information from the CDC as of today is that they recommend the cessation of any gatherings over ten people. It is highly probable that people are innocently, yet actively spreading the virus although they themselves have not become fully ill themselves. Medical leaders project that we are no where near the peak of the spread of the Coronavirus yet, and may not be for months to come. For this reason we need to remain vigilant, flexible, and intact! This is a time to use our resources to pull together even if it is from a distance. I am aware that the technologies that we are utilizing are not available to everyone, but we are doing the best we can with the opportunities that we have.
The following schedule was approved by the Sunday School leadership that gathered a couple of weeks ago, but in light of the Coronavirus I am just now getting this information to you. I apologize for being delinquent in getting this information to you sooner. Please see the end of this post for the approved schedule for The Gospel Project.
Dwaina and I are working on a method to teach the Sunday School Lesson by way of an app called Zoom. This app allows for an interactive video group of up to 100 people to study the SS lesson together. This app is different from our Facebook platform because this one would be interactive; therefore, the teaching would be live. Those who participate would be able to interact with one another, answer questions, ask questions, etc. You can also watch while chatting at the same time. As we learn we will keep you informed. This is one thing among many that we can do to help us remain together and united during this otherwise trying time.
In closing let me share some words of encouragement from 1 Thessalonians 5. I am quoting short statements from these verses so I would ask you to go back and read the passage in its entirety:
- V. 11 – “Therefore encourage one another and build up one another, just as you also are doing.”
- V. 13 – “Live in peace with one another.”
- V. 15 – “…Always seek after that which is good for one another and for all people.”
Unit 4: God Redeems His People (Genesis; Exodus)
- March 1 Session 1 God Redeems Betrayal
- March 8 Session 2 God Redeems Adversity
- March 15 – There was no Sunday school on this day.
- March 22 Session 3 God Overrides Evil with Good.
- March 29 Session 4 God Hears His People
- April 5 Session 5 God Frees His People
- April 12 Easter Sunday! No Sunday school planned for this day.
- April 19 Session 6 God Delivers His People
Unit 5: God Provides for His People
- April 26 Session 1 A Test in the Wilderness
- May 3 Session 2 A Leader’s Wisdom
- May 10 Session 3 A Law for God’s People
Unit 6: God Receives Worship from His People (Exodus; Leviticus)
- May 17 Session 1 An Image of Idolatry
- May 24 Session 2 A Place for God’s Presence
- May 31 Session 3 A Picture of Atonement